Stretton-on-Fosse, North Cotswolds
Useful phone numbers:
- Warwickshire County Council - 01926 410410
- Stratford District Council - 01789 267575 www.stratford-dc.gov.uk
- Stretton Parish Council: Clerk Sue Finlay 01608 661157, Chair Izzi Hazelwood 01608 661816
- Highways Customer Services – 01926 412515
- Shipston Leisure Centre – 01608 662354
- Shipston Library – 0300 555 8171 (open M,Tu,Th 9.30-12.30, Tu, Th 13.30-17.30)
- Trading Standards – Business advice line – 01926 414044
- Consumer advice line – 08454 040506
- Shipston Police (non-emergency) – 01789 444670 or 101 or visit Shipston Library
- Community Links Transport – 01789 264491
- Abandoned Car Clear – 0800 1699900
- Back and 4th Transport – 01789 471595
- Electricity – Western Power – 0800 3281111, for a power cut phone 105
- Waste/Recycling Centre (Shipston) – 01608 663560
- Water – Severn Trent – 0800 7834444
- Information on waste and re-cycling – 01789 260925
- Neighbourhood Watch – Penny White 01608 663811
- Emergency Village Committee:
- Izzi Hazelwood (661816), Keith Finlay (661157), Stuart and Jayne Potter (663671)
Information from Stratford District and Warwickshire County Councils:
- The Citizens’ Advice Bureau can be contacted every Wednesday morning at Clark House in Shipston. Phone for a free appointment 01789 200136.
- Phone 101 if you need to contact the police for a NON-emergency (e.g. a burglary which has already happened, stolen vehicle etc). 999 should only be used for real emergencies. There is also a police contact at Shipston Library when it is open.
- Shipston Library: Mon and Sat 9.30 – 12.30; Tues and Thurs 9.30 – 12.30, 13.30-17.30.
- Shipston Recycling Centre: Winter: Mon-Fri 9.30-15.15; Sat and Sun 8.30 – 12.15. Summer: same timings except for Wed – 9.30 – 18.15.
- Warwickshire Healthline: a new telephone service to make it easier for people to access local health services when they need help quickly in non life-threatening emergency or simply if people don’t know who to call. Local rate number, 24hrs, 7 days a week for anyone living or visiting Warwickshire: 03000 247 111. For more info on NHS Warwickshire: www.healthline.warwickshire.nhs.uk
- Recycling Collection Service: Please remember that no plastic bags should be in the blue or green bins. They apparently snarl up the machinery. Food waste in the green bins should only be wrapped in newspaper. If you find it difficult (e.g. because of disability) to bring your bins to the kerbside on collection day, let Stratford District Council know (phone number above) and they will be collected from and returned to your back door.
- Community Link Transport: Mon, Wed, Thurs - £1.30 single journey, £2.60 return for people in genuine need of transport. Phone 01789 264491, email [email protected]
- SCAN Senior Citizens Action Network: for over 50s. 2nd Tues every 2 months. Contact Marie Darwen 01789 260108
NEW BUS SERVICE FOR STRETTON from 1st Sept 2020!
Run by Pulhams Coaches, No 51, running daily from Stratford, Ilmington, Shipston, Stretton, Todenham, Moreton and return.
Timetable details at bus-stop and pulhamscoaches.com
The Shipston Link: currently suspended due to Covid 19
The community bus service has been running to and from Shipston-on-Stour for over 25 years, "bringing Shipston and the rural communities together".We now have a new WebSite shipstonlink.co.uk which, in addition to general information and our ongoing appeal for volunteer drivers, has comprehensive Time-Table information of each of our Services to the villages and towns in our area.
Important changes to the Community Links service:
Residents of the South Zone, including Quinton, Shipston-on-Stour and Tysoe, will be able to use the service on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
For any queries about the zones and days and the new transport scheme please contact Community Links on 01789 264491.
Clarkes of Shipston: 01608 661418
Chipping Campden Cars: 01386 840111/ 07751 334696
Cotswold Taxis (Moreton-in-Marsh): 07720572420 or email
M.J.Bristow (Shipston-on-Stour): 01608 661592
Anthony Cotswold Taxis (Todenham): 07710 117471
Northwick Taxis: 07855 824788
Mick Hopkins (Moreton-in-Marsh): 07779 939415
YouGoFirst: 07776 233035/ [email protected]
(can take one wheelchair + 2 passengers, lady driver)