Stretton-on-Fosse, North Cotswolds
Under the new General Data Protection Regulations which come into effect on 25th May 2018, Stretton-on-Fosse Parish Council is required to obtain your consent to hold your name, email address and address.
The Parish Council will use your email address where necessary to perform its tasks. We use your personal data for some or all of the following purposes:
- To deliver public services including to understand your needs to provide the services that you request and to understand what we can do for you and inform you of other relevant services.;
- To contact you by email.;
To enable us to meet all legal and statutory obligations and powers including any delegated functions.;
- To promote the interests of the council.;
- To seek your views, opinions or comments.;
- To notify you of changes to our facilities, services, events and staff, councillors and other role holders.;
- To send you communications which may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, appeals, other new projects or initiatives.
Your name, email and/or phone number may be made available if you are the contact for an activity or event, but otherwise the information will not be disclosed to anyone other than members of the Parish Council and Parish Clerk without your permission.
Your rights and your personal data
When exercising any of the rights listed below, in order to process your request, we may need to verify your identity for your security. In such cases we will need you to respond with proof of your identity before you can exercise these rights. You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
1. The right to access personal data we hold on you
- At any point you can contact us to request the personal data we hold on you. Once we have received your request we will respond within one month.
2. The right to correct and update the personal data we hold on you
- If the data we hold on you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and your data will be updated.
3. The right to have your personal data erased
- If you feel that we should no longer be using your personal data or that we are unlawfully using your personal data, you can request that we erase the personal data we hold.
- When we receive your request we will confirm whether the personal data has been deleted.
4. The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time for any processing of data to which consent was obtained
- You can withdraw your consent easily by email.
5. The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
- You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
We take the security of your personal information seriously and ensure that we use appropriate technology to do so.
Changes to this notice
We keep this Privacy Notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This Notice was last updated 12 May 2018.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or the personal data we hold about you or to exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints at:
The Data Controllers:Stretton-on-Fosse Parish Council
Email: [email protected]